This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£7.50 - £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care are looking for support workers in Cardiff to support adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and autism. This fantastic opportunity involves working within a small residential service with a wide variety of everyday tasks to enable those you support to live as independently as possible. A normal day will involve supporting and promoting life and social skills, i.e social skills with family and friends. There will be some elements of personal care, but the main focus of the role will be promoting the independence of those you work with. There are full time hours available with hours being worked Monday to Sunday with waking night and sleep-in shifts.
- Career progression opportunities within the company
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlement, double time paid on bank holidays
- Progressive contributory pension scheme that increases over your time with the company
- Free continual professional development training provided
- Encourage independence through person centred care, ensuring they are tailored to the individuals needs
- Promote and support daily living activities and health needs, i.e. personal care and cooking
- Construct strong working relationships with all service users, professionals and colleagues
- Understand and respect individuals needs
- Innovative approaches to challenging behaviour
- Previous support work experience working with challenging behaviour and learning disabilities (Desirable)
- Flexibility of working hours - Monday to Sunday with waking nights and sleep shifts
- Driving Licence (Essential)
- Self motivated and resilient
- Fantastic communication skills