|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a new opportunity for a complex needs support worker in the Maesteg area. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about supporting and caring for adults with complex care needs. You will need to have experience working with individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs and challenging behaviour.
As a complex needs support worker, you will be based within a small residential home and will focus on helping your residents with their daily activities. You will be there to promote and encourage their independence, both within the home and the community.
Your role’s responsibilities can include assisting with washing, dressing, shopping, cooking and cleaning. You will also be there to provide emotional and physical support, as well as help develop social skills.
This is a full-time position which will require you to be flexible and able to work a variety of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days, evenings and sleep-ins. This position will involve personal care and will require you to manage complex care needs.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with yearly increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Support clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all service users and staff
- Encourage independence and confidence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm and collected in high pressure situations
- Compassionate, with a desire to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.