This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||Vale of Glamorgan, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a new opportunity for an autism support worker in the Barry area of the Vale of Glamorgan. You would be working with a charity organisation and will be supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism, as well as physical impairments.
You will be working within a residential setting, where you will focus on supporting residents with their daily life and activities. As an autism support worker, your role is to promote independence within the home and to help develop social and communication skills.
As you are supporting adults with autism and other complex care needs, you must bring routine and structure to your resident’s home and ensure these individuals feel safe and supported.
Applicants will need experience in supporting adults with, autism, learning disabilities and complex needs.
This role will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts can cover Monday through to Sunday, including days, waking nights and sleep-ins.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- A rewarding career; supporting individuals with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Support residents with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all young adults, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of individuals with learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.