|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
Hoop Social Care have a rare opportunity for an experienced mental health support worker in the Cardiff area. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a residential home; providing support to individuals with mental health needs, including personality disorder and behaviour that challenges.
We are looking for a dedicated support worker to help develop the independence of the individuals within the home. Your job will involve helping these individuals with their daily tasks and providing general mental health support. Your responsibilities can involve assisting with dressing, shopping, cooking, cleaning, as well as acting as a companion. You will also be there to promote positivity and will need experience in working with mental health needs.
This is a full-time position which will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights. Applicants will need to be experienced working with vulnerable individuals and mental health needs.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Help with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate well with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in pressurised situations
- Compassionate; with the drive to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable individuals with mental health needs
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility to work different hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)