|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||££15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have a challenging opportunity for an experienced support worker in the Llanishen area. We are looking for a support worker who can work in an all female residential home and provide support to young adults with additional needs.
We are looking for a dedicated support worker who has experience working with individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs, including personality disorder and behaviour that challenges. You will be there to support residents with their daily tasks and provide general one to one care. Some of your responsibilities can involve assisting with dressing, shopping, cooking, cleaning, as well as acting as a companion. You will also be there to promote positivity within the home and will need experience in managing complex behaviours.
This is a full-time role which will require you to work a variety of hours and shifts. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights. Applicants will need to have experience in working with vulnerable individuals and mental health needs.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Help with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate well with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in pressurised situations
- Compassionate; with the drive to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable individuals
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility to work different hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Scott Johnston at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.