|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||££15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker in Pontypridd area. We are looking for a candidate who can confidently work in a low secure hospital environment; providing support to adults with mental health needs, such as personality disorder, and behaviour that challenges.
We are looking for a dedicated and confident individual to help develop the independence of those within the hospital. Your role will involve supporting these individuals with their daily tasks and providing general one to one care, while working towards their rehabilitation. Your responsibilities can include assisting with dressing, cooking, cleaning, as well as providing companionship. You will also be there to promote the happiness and health of those within the hospital and will need experience in managing complex behaviours.
This is a full-time position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights. Applicants will need to be experienced in working with mental health needs.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist individuals with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate well with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think effectively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable adults
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.