|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£9.00 - £10.00 Per Hour|
- Are you looking to help vulnerable individuals?
Hoop Social Care are recruiting for an experienced Support Worker in the Vale of Glamorgan to support individuals who have various learning disabilities, physical disabilities, challenging behaviour and mental health.
Your job as a support worker would be to support these individuals with a number of different tasks in order to make their lives a little easier. These can include elements of personal care (washing, dressing, toileting) along with meal preparation, support with managing finances, companionship and general support within the community.
The main focus of this role is to support the independence of these individuals – it may not be a case of doing these tasks for them, but to give them the boost to do it themselves with the support from yourself if they require it.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be fully flexible with days as your shifts could be various days Monday – Sunday. You will also need to be flexible with work hours as shift times may vary.
Car driver is desired but not necessary.
Please see below for Benefits, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- Paid training
- Opportunity to work overtime with bonus payments available
- Carry out and the implementation of care plans
- Support clients with daily activities, i.e. cooking, cleaning, homework and possibly personal care
- Effectively communicate with all service users
- Promote independence
- Adopt creative approaches to problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Calm and collected in pressurised situations
- Previous experience as a support worker within a care environment preferred but not essential
- Ideally qualified to level 2 or 3 in health and social care (not essential)
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm and caring manner