|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||South Wales, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W- Child|
|Salary||£7.50 - £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have an exciting new opportunity for a compassionate individual to work in the Vale of Glamorgan. We are searching for individuals who are confident supporting children, and young adults, with complex needs. The role will be withing a registered children’s service, within a rural countryside setting. The needs of the children you will include supporting physical and sensory impairments, as well as learning difficulties.
Your role will be based around providing person-centred care, as well as helping the children with their daily tasks and activities. Part of the position will be providing companionship. You will work closely with the children, to ensure their opportunities for educational development are maximised. You will also be there to encourage and support the children to enjoy activities that are key to the development of their identity and self-esteem.
This is a full time position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including day shifts and occasional night work.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Extensive training
- Double pay on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Time and a half on bank holidays
- A rewarding career; supporting children with complex needs
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all young people, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence