|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Defence - Systems Engineer|
|Salary||£35,001 - £40,000 Per Annum|
- Our rapidly expanding, cutting edge client are a true believer and investor in their people. They like to nurture talent and ensure members of the team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. They’re passionate and hard-working, and take care of their team.
Our client is on the hunt for a Software Engineer with experience in PHP to join their talented engineering team in Cardiff.
They love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo. They know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. They value the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. They adore ambition, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
- What’s on offer for you:
- Salary 35K - 45K DOE
- EMI Options
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training budget per year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (this year’s fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
The engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key. Their platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL but they are advocates of using the right tools for the job. They also run React/TypeScript and other technologies depending on the problem they want to solve, and AWS/Ansible/Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes to package and run their services.
Ideally you will:
- Be proficient in PHP (Laravel or Symfony) and ObjectOriented in general
- Have practical experience of API design, REST/RPC, and knowledge of OAuth2
- Have knowledge of message queues, RabbitMQ in particular
- Have a keen eye for testing, performance and clean code
- Ability to write clean (understandable), robust (reliable) and efficient (well-designed) code
- An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence both technical and non technical audiences
- Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- A team player! Their all in it together so be supportive and understanding