This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||Vale of Glamorgan, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£9.00 - £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a new and exciting opportunity for a Children’s Support Worker in the Barry area of the Vale of Glamorgan.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable supporting children, aged 7 to 17 years old, with physical and sensory impairments, and other complex needs.
You would be based within a registered children’s home, with the focus of providing children and young people with respite care. The individuals within the home may have complex needs including physical and sensory impairments, as well as learning difficulties.
Your role will be to encourage the independence of the those within the home. You will be there to support the young people with their daily tasks and provide general one to one care. Some of your responsibilities can involve assisting with dressing, cooking, cleaning, as well as well as providing support with medical tasks.
As Children’s Support Worker, you will also be there to promote positivity within the service and will need experience in managing complex behaviours.
This is temporary opportunity, which would offer 25 hours per week and will last for minimum of 4 weeks. Shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days, waking nights, morning and afternoon shifts.
As an Agency Support Worker ideally you will have:
- 6-month experience working in a social care setting
- Have eligibility to work in the UK
- Have the desire to support and work with people who can display behaviours that can challenge
- Up to date PBM (Positive Behavioural Management) training
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive rates of pay
- The chance of long-term bookings as well as variety of shifts
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay (accrued)
- Auto-enrolled pension contribution
*All work offered is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks*
If this is the right opportunity for you or if you would like to learn more, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.