|Area||South West, England|
|Sector||Social Work - Social Worker|
|Salary||£32.50 + Per Hour|
- Social Workers - Childrens Services
Swindon County Borough Council
up to £35.01 per hour as an umbrella company plus £100 per week expenses
Experienced Social Workers, 3 years or more experience are required to join Swindons' Children's Services to fulfill locum contracts in front like child care management teams. This is fantastic opportunity to work for an authority giving an agency workers excellent benefits. Contracts are ongoing.
Opportunities are available in the North and South Long Term Safeguarding teams cover Swindon. Both teams work within pods, to optimise the management, oversight and support to all social workers. There are 5 experienced social workers designated to each POD with an overall team manager. Both teams are now based at the same location (Swindon Borough Council, Wat Tyler West 3rd Floor) and work alongside the Assessment and Child Protection Team.
Swindon requires social workers with experience and skills to undertake comprehensive assessments including parenting assessments in a timely way to inform development of outcome focused care plans with children and their families. The teams undertake care proceedings within the court, both private and public. Social Workers initiate and complete within court timescales and achieve permanency plans for children including adoption. Social workers need to be able to understand and respond to complexity of risks and are required to evidence on records, including providing analysis of their interventions with children and families. Candidates need to be able to use theoretical perspectives to inform decision making and practice. The Long Term Safeguarding Teams provide reflective supervision for all social worker’s on at least monthly basis, which includes personal/professional development.
- Strong pay rate of £35.01 umbrella per hour
- Expenses package of up to £100 per week if you live over 50 miles away from Swindon
- Offering of a comprehensive training package available to all social workers that are engaged, which includes E learning and class room based training.
- Car parking is provided when based at SBC, via an electronic permit and a window permit is provided for street parking when attending visits in Swindon.
- Flexible working available (to be discussed at interview)