This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||South West, England|
|Sector||Social Care - Care Assistant|
|Salary||£7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a new and exciting opportunity for a compassionate Care Assistant in the Shaftesbury area. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable supporting adults, aged 65 and over, within a warm residential environment.
You will be working within a nurturing residential home, set in the beautiful English countryside. The needs of those you will be supporting include elderly care needs, dementia and end of life care.
Your role will revolve around providing person-centred care, as well as helping your residents with their daily tasks and routine. Part of the position will include assisting with dressing, cooking, cleaning, as well as providing companionship and support with personal hygiene.
You will work closely with your residents of the home, to ensure that their opportunities for emotional and social development are maximised. You will also be there to encourage and assist these residents to enjoy activities that are fundamental to the development of their identity and self-esteem.
This is a fulltime position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including morning, afternoon and evening shifts.
• The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
• Double pay on bank holidays
• Salary enhancements on weekends
• 21 days annual leave
• Pension scheme
• Extensive training
• A rewarding career
• Carry out and implement care plans
• Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, cooking, cleaning, etc.
• Communicate effectively with all residents, staff and family members
• Promote and encourage independence
• Be creative regarding problem solving
• Work well under pressure
• Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
• Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
• Flexibility with working hours
• Excellent communication skills
• Full Driving Licence (preferred)
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.