LAC Social Worker
Cardiff Childrens Services Advertised by Sarah Leigh at Hoop Recruitment, Cardiff
Cardiff Childrens Services are looking to recruit social workers to join their LAC service based in Fairwater, Cardiff. Pay rate for this role is circa £32 per hour. This is ideally a full time position and the contract will run for an initial 3 month contract with the potential to extend.
Requirements for this post include:
- 3 years plus experience
- Social Care Wales registration
- Enhanced DBS references
- 3 years of referencing
The LAC team works from a strengths-based (Signs of Safety) approach to meet the needs of young people and their families. If you’re prepared to spend time building a relationship and get alongside a young person to help them achieve their goals and make the changes that are needed and if you’re willing to stick by a young person (who may well push you away) and not give up, then this could be the job for you. We know that at times teenagers can make you work hard to support them so we’ll be there to support you every step of the way. You can expect protected caseloads, regular supervision and you’ll appreciate the team approach we take to supporting young people and their families. You’ll benefit from an expansive training programme and a nurturing management team who will take time to make sure you develop. Like you we know that teenagers in crisis need that extra something when it comes to a Social Worker – ordinary isn’t good enough. So if you’re a creative, enthusiastic Social Worker who believes in the power of the teenager to change the world, we’d love to hear from you.
You will required to:
- Work independently of direct support e.g. attendance at court, child protection case conferences without the presence of a team manager
- Undertake complex and high-risk cases or arrange complex or high value packages of care.
- Complete joint work with less experienced staff or other colleagues in highly complex cases involving the liberty or safety of service users.
- Provide supervision to students and support other staff with students on placement to ensure good quality placements and development of the workforce.
- Organise and plan duty rotas as required.
If this position is of interest to you or you would like to hear about other opportunities at Hoop Social Work, get in touch today on 02922 400519
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £32.00 /hour