|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Nursing - Senior Staff Nurse|
|Salary||£40,001 – £45,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Nursing are looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to work in a purpose-built nursing home in the Cardiff area. The home is fully redeveloped, modern and provides the highest standards of accommodation and person-centred care with highly experienced Registered Nurses and Care Assistants providing 24-hour support.
The home exceeds CSSIW requirements with spacious communal areas, bedrooms and a healthy staff to resident ratio.
The home is run by a personable, experienced and professional manager who exceptionally motivates and oversees her team. The staff consist of driven, supportive and optimistic individuals who provide the most exceptional care.
As the Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Manager to maintain and develop excellent service within the home. Working clinical shifts, ensuring quality assurance measures are followed and staff are supported with day-to-day tasks.
As the successful candidate, you will possess strong clinical skills along with excellent leadership and management capability. You will have expert knowledge in elderly nursing and ideally have a QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (or the equivalent) or be willing and be able to work toward this upon being awarded the role.
- Supporting the Home Manager with expert knowledge of advanced nursing skills and clinical decision making within the nursing home.
- Leading and developing specialist nursing care policies and procedures to aid the elderly and their families.
- Ensuring clinically effective practice through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical work carried out by yourself and other team members.
- Have a working knowledge of Safeguarding policy and procedures, ensuring that individuals at risk are identified.
- To ensure that you and team maintain accurate manual and electronic records throughout all aspects of care provision to promote continuity and partnership, in line with policies, NMC record keeping guidelines and CSSIW Regulations.
- Competitive salary that is reviewed annually
- Paid enhancements for working Christmas and bank holidays
- Opportunities for promotion and career development
- Paid comprehensive induction tailored to your role
- Regular supervision from line managers
- Above statutory minimum training
- Death in service/life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Strong leadership & management experience within a health or care environment (ideally with an interest in care for the elderly).
- Must be RGN/RMN registered Nurse with current PIN.
- Development of own knowledge, skills, competency and experience through reflective practice, clinical practice and continuing education, professional developments and networking, which will benefit service delivery - willingness to attain the Registered Managers award.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective work relationships.
For more information, or to apply for the role, please contact Lauren Parry on 02922400519. Alternatively, you can send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org