This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||Vale of Glamorgan, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£20,000 - £24,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have a rare opportunity for a Senior Support Worker in the Vale of Glamorgan. We are looking for a candidate who can support vulnerable adults within an intimate residential environment.
Alongside a compassionate Senior Team, you will be supporting individuals aged 18 and over with a range of complex care needs. The needs of those within the home include learning disabilities, such as Autism, and behaviour that challenges.
As Senior Support Worker, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest standard of care is delivered to your residents. You will keep in mind their physical, behavioural and emotional needs always, helping to promote their independence and develop their social skills.
This role will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts can cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- A rewarding career; supporting individuals with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Support residents with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all residents, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of individuals with learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)