Hoop Social Care are currently working with a specialist, therapeutic organisation in the Stroud area. We have an exciting opportunity for a support worker who is experienced in supporting individuals with autism and other learning disabilities
We are looking for a candidate who can confidently support young adults in both a residential and educational environment. You will be working with individuals aged 16 and over with learning disabilities, including autism and behaviour that challenges.
You will be working within a picturesque residential learning environment; which focuses on developing communication and social skills, as well as imagination and creativity.
Your role will involve supporting your residents in their transition from adolescence to adulthood; helping to develop and encourage their confidence and self-esteem. At times you will assist with dressing, shopping, cooking, cleaning, as well as providing personal care.
This is a fulltime position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days, waking nights and sleep-ins.
Applicants will need experience working with individuals with autism and/or learning disabilities and a full UK driving licence.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- A rewarding career; supporting young adults with learning disabilities, autism and behaviour that challenges
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all students, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people with autism and/or learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.