This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||Vale of Glamorgan, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care are in search of a support worker in Penarth. You will be working within a residential setting, providing support to young adults with mental health, learning disabilities and some elements of challenging behaviour.
Your role within the home will involve helping these individuals with their day to day tasks. Your responsibilities can include assisting with washing, dressing, shopping, companionship, cooking, cleaning and generally supporting them as part of the community. Applicants will need to be energetic and enthusiastic, with the desire to promote independence within the home.
This is a full time position and will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days, evenings, waking nights and sleep-in’s. You will need a minimum of six months experience supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
- Help to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 3 if you wanted
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Long-service rewards
- One of payments for completing relevant qualifications
- One of bonus payments for outstanding work
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Support clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all service users
- Encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm and collected in high pressure situations
- Compassionate, with the drive to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)