|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W- Child|
|Salary||£7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a unique opportunity for a compassionate children’s support worker in the Cardiff area.
We are looking for an individual who can support children, aged 3 to 19, with complex needs. You will be based within a registered children’s home, which is located on a school site and is set in the idyllic countryside. The needs of the children you will be supporting include physical and sensory impairments, as well as learning difficulties.
Your role as support worker will revolve around providing person-centred care, as well as helping the children with their daily activities. Part of the position will involve assisting with mealtimes, other daily activities and forms of personal care.
You will work closely with the children of the home, to ensure their opportunities for educational development are maximised. You will also be there to encourage and support the children to enjoy activities that are fundamental to the development of their identity and self-esteem.
This is a fulltime position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including day shifts and occasional night work.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- 27 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Extensive training
- Double pay on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Time and a half on bank holidays
- A rewarding career; supporting children with complex needs
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all young people, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence