|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have a new opportunity for a mental health care worker in the Newport area. We are looking for someone who can confidently support adults with mental health needs; including acquire brain injury, Huntington’s disease and dementia.
As support worker, your responsibilities can include assisting with dressing, cooking, cleaning, as well as providing companionship. You will also be there to promote the physical and mental health of those within the service and will need experience in managing complex behaviours and mental health needs.
This is a full-time position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights. Applicants will need to be experienced in working with mental health needs and learning disabilities.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist individuals with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate well with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think effectively about problem solving, mental health and behaviour that challenges
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable adults with mental health needs
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)