This is an exciting opportunity to lead a Learning and Development
function within a busy Care organisation who's head office is based
You will be responsible for all the Learning within the organisation
and will be required to formulate and implement strategies to
promote a learning culture within the organisation and enhance
You will design, deliver and coordinate training and development for
the organisation and be required to conduct a robust training needs
analysis. You will form strong internal relationships to ensure staff
understand the benefits of the training and to encourage CPD.
You must have previous experience within Learning and
Development, ideally within a care organisation, if not this
sector an understanding of the sector would be beneficial.
You must be hands on and be willing to get to know the staff
and skill gaps ensuring you are visable and known as the go
to person within the organisation for learning.
You must have some understanding and become and expert
on Training funding opportunities through the government to
maximise learning opportunity for the staff.
You should hold management and relevant training qualifications,
be educated to degree level and have experience in the
management of external training delivery.
There is extensive travel across our services, so you must be able to drive.
- Management responsibility for the training team
- Devise a training strategy for the organisation to meet the Business objectives set by the Board.
- To monitor and report on activities and performance to Line Manager on a monthly basis. Submit and / or present monthly reports for the Board as requested.
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis and consultation with key stakeholders.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of legislation governing training requirements of the care industry.
- Keeping up to date with developments in training through research, conference / training attendance and networking with other relevant training / healthcare providers.
- Oversight of all training delivery throughout the organisation, ensuring quality of delivery, compliance and relevance to the individual / organisation.
- Oversight of the administration of the Training database and accuracy of data reporting for the Organisation.
- To be responsible for overseeing all organisational aspects of the Company Induction process.
- Monitoring of administration tasks required to service the training programme including communication with new starters throughout the process. Responsible for delivery of key sessions within the induction timetable and team working with the HR and Recruitment department in relation to staff management throughout the induction.
- To develop and deliver training courses in areas of expertise within the Organisation and regularly review and update training materials in accordance with feedback, legislation and Business need.
- To oversee and co-ordinate external training progress, building effective relationships with participants and external staff.
- To promote the work of the Training Department, raising awareness of the value of training provided and the opportunities available to staff and promoting excellent customer service within the department, acting as a role model for the Training Administrator.