This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W- Child|
|Salary||£7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Here at Hoop Social Care we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is driven to support children with complex needs. You would be working on a school site, within a registered children’s service on the outskirts of Cardiff. The needs of the children you will be supporting include physical and sensory impairments, as well as learning difficulties.
As support worker, you will provide person-centred care, as well as help the children with their daily tasks. Part of the position will include assisting with dressing, eating and washing, as well as providing other forms of personal care.
You will work closely with the children of the home to ensure their opportunities for educational development are maximised. You will also be there to encourage and support the children to enjoy activities that are key to the development of their identity and self-esteem.
This is a fulltime position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including day shifts and occasional night work and you will be working 2 weekends a month.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Extensive training
- Double pay on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Time and a half on bank holidays
- A rewarding career; supporting children with complex needs
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all residents, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Full Driving Licence
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills