|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||£15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care are looking for an experienced support worker in the Newport area. We are looking for a candidate who is confident supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs.
As support worker, you will be there to help residents with their daily life and activities. You will also be there to provide companionship and to promote independence and positivity within the residential environment.
This is a full-time position which will require applicants to be flexible and able to work a variety of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification while you work i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Support individuals with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable adults
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)