Registered Children's Manager
|Job Type||Permanent - Full time|
|Area||Neath Port Talbot, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Reg Manager - Child|
|Salary||£35,001 - £40,000 Per Annum|
- We are looking for an enthusiastic applicant who has experience working in a managerial role within the care sector. You will be responsible for a small residential children’s home and therefore you must have experience working with young people. You will have achieved your level 3 diploma in Health and Social care (Children and Young People) and will have your Level 5 Diploma in leadership and management for Residential Childcare.
Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with this client group. Part of your role will include managing and guiding a team of support workers to deliver outstanding care to residents within the home. You will need a strong understanding of how to support young people with complex needs and how to promote their independence. This a team-orientated organisation and you will need to share the same values; with respect for your residents, their families and all members of staff.
The candidate will have experience of running a children's residential property and hold their QCF Level 5 in Children and Young People - Leadership and Management.
This role will require you to work unsociable hours at times and will require flexibility from applicants.
- 25 Days Annual Leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to work within a growing and expanding business
- Receive informative and regular training
- Rewarding pension scheme
- Life insurance
- To lead by example with a compassionate, yet professional manner
- Resolving and reporting safeguarding matters when appropriate
- Ensure staff are up to date with relevant training information
- Work alongside Operations Director to achieve personal KPIs
- Co-ordinate the delivery of care plans
- To set high standards for the grounds, environment and furnishings of the home
- Manage the home’s rotas, sickness, finances and other admin responsibilities
- Must have relevant qualification - QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive to support residents with multiple and complex needs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential care
- Must hold U.K Driving Licence
For more information about this opportunity, contact Leanne McEwen at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.