This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||Merthyr Tydfil, Wales|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W- Child|
|Salary||£20,000 - £24,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have a unique opportunity for an experienced residential support worker in the Merthyr Tydfill. We are looking for a dedicated applicant, who has a minimum of one years’ experience working within a residential children’s home. You will need to have achieved your level 3 diploma in Health and Social care (Children and Young People).
You would be part of an organisation who provides support to vulnerable young individuals and therefore applicants must have a genuine desire to provide person-centred care. Part of your role will include supporting the management of the home, working closely alongside the Deputy and Registered Home Manager. You will work as part of a team of support workers to deliver outstanding care to the individuals within the home. You will need a strong understanding of how to support young people with complex needs and how to promote their independence.
This role will require you to be flexible, as at times you will be working unsociable hours, covering a range of days, nights and shift patterns.
- Competitive salary
- Work within a warm and therapeutic setting
- Receive informative and regular training
- Rewarding pension scheme
- Rewarding career with progression opportunities / Succession planning
- Compassionate, yet professional manner
- To provide a caring and supportive environment for young people that respects their individual needs and boundaries
- Resolving and reporting safeguarding matters when appropriate
- Work alongside Management Team to achieve personal KPIs
- Co-ordinate the delivery of care plans
- Must have relevant qualification - NVQ/QCF Level 3 - Children and Young People
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive to support children with multiple and complex needs
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in residential childcare
- Must hold U.K Driving Licence