|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||££15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker in the Cardiff area. We are looking for a support worker who can work in a residential home; providing support to individuals aged eighteen and above with mental health needs, including personality disorder and behaviour that challenges.
We are looking for a dedicated support worker to help develop the independence of the individuals within the home. Your job will involve helping these individuals with their daily tasks and providing general one to one care. Your responsibilities can involve assisting with dressing, shopping, cooking, cleaning, as well as acting as a companion. You will also be there to promote positivity and will need experience in managing complex behaviours.
This is a full-time position which will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including days and waking nights. Applicants will need to be experienced working with vulnerable individuals and mental health needs.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- Competitive annual leave entitlement with annual increments
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Get paid to train
- Carry out and enforce care plans
- Help with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate well with all residents and staff
- Promote and encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm in pressurised situations
- Compassionate; with the drive to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable individuals
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility to work different hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.