|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Nursing - Senior Staff Nurse|
|Salary||££40,001 – £45,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Recruitment are looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to work alongside a personable and passionate Home Manager in a beautiful, well-run service in the centre of Cardiff.
The purpose built home provides older adult care and boasts a dedicated and knowledgeable staff team who deliver high standards of care to the residents within. The service is also recognised by the CIW for surpassing requirements with spacious rooms, quality staff and beautiful grounds.
As the Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Manager to maintain and develop excellent service within the home. Working clinical shifts, ensuring quality assurance measures are followed and staff are supported with day-to-day tasks.
As the successful candidate, you will possess strong clinical skills along with excellent leadership and management capability. You will have expert knowledge in elderly nursing and ideally have a QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care (or the equivalent) or be willing and be able to work toward this upon being awarded the role.
- Supporting the Home Manager with expert knowledge of advanced nursing skills and clinical decision making within the nursing home.
- Leading and developing specialist nursing care policies and procedures to aid the elderly and their families.
- Ensuring clinically effective practice through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical work carried out by yourself and other team members.
- Have a working knowledge of Safeguarding policy and procedures, ensuring that individuals at risk are identified.
- To ensure that you and team maintain accurate manual and electronic records throughout all aspects of care provision to promote continuity and partnership, in line with policies, NMC record keeping guidelines and CSSIW Regulations.
In return for your hard work, some benefits include:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Reputable organisation
- 34 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Enhanced maternity pay & generous pension scheme
- 6 months sick pay policy
- Strong leadership & management experience within a health or care environment (ideally with an interest in care for the elderly).
- Must be RGN/RMN registered Nurse with current PIN.
- Development of own knowledge, skills, competency and experience through reflective practice, clinical practice and continuing education, professional developments and networking, which will benefit service delivery - willingness to attain the Registered Managers award.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective work relationships.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and keen to find out more, then please click the apply button below or forward your CV for consideration. Alternatively, you can call the Hoop Recruitment team for further info.