This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W- Child|
|Salary||££7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care have a rare and exciting opportunity for a compassionate individual in the Cardiff area. We are looking for a support worker who would be confident supporting children, aged 3 to 19, with additional needs. You would be working within a children’s home, which is located on a school site, set in the rural countryside. You would be working with children with learning difficulties, as well as physical and sensory impairments.
Your role will focus on providing person-centred care, as well as helping the children of the home with their daily tasks and activities. Part of the position will include assisting with dressing, personal care, eating, as well as providing companionship. You will work closely with the children of the home, to ensure their opportunities for educational development are maximised. You will also be there to encourage and support the children to enjoy activities and experiences that are vital to the development of their personality and self-esteem.
This is a fulltime position which will require you to be flexible and available to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday, including day shifts and occasional night work.
- The opportunity to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Extensive training
- Double pay on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
- Time and a half on bank holidays
- A rewarding career; supporting children with complex needs
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Assist clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all young people, staff and family members
- Promote and encourage independence
- Be creative regarding problem solving
- Remain calm and collected in stressful situations
- Compassionate, with the desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.