|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||££15,001 - £20,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care are looking for a dedicated support worker in the Newport area who can provide support to adults. Your role will be to support individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities within a small residential home. Ideally you will have experience working in a similar environment and will be confident in managing behaviour that challenges.
You will be there to support these individuals with their daily life and tasks. Your responsibilities will range from assisting with washing, dressing, shopping, domestic duties (cooking & cleaning) and general support whilst out in the community. You are there to promote independence and positivity within the home.
This is a full time, permanent role which involves days and nights, as well as Monday through to Sunday. Your role will consist of 12 hour shifts, which are worked over days and waking nights.
- Join a company that values its staff and their needs
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme that increases over your time with the company
- Opportunity to gain qualifications whilst working
- Encourage and maintain independent living through person centred care
- Support the development of daily living activities and tasks
- Help with the development of new skills
- Build strong relationships with those you support and their family
- Communicate effectively with other members of staff
- Encourage integration and participation within the local community
- Previous support experience working with mental health needs and mobility difficulties (Desirable)
- Flexibility to work Monday to Sunday and different hours
- Manual Driving Licence (Desirable)
- Diverse life experience and skill set
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Scott Johnston at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.