|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Sector||Social Care - Support W - Adults|
|Salary||££7.50 – £10.00 Per Hour|
- Hoop Social Care are searching for a practised support worker in the Swansea area. You will be working within a residential home and will be providing support to adults with learning disabilities, such as autism and mental health needs. You will therefore need to have a minimum of six months experience working with similar needs and in a similar setting.
Within the home, you will be focused on helping these individuals with their daily activities. Your responsibilities can include assisting with dressing, shopping, cooking, cleaning, personal care and generally supporting the residents of the home within the community. Applicants will need to be enthusiastic and passionate about improving the quality of life for those with complex needs.
This is a fulltime position and will require you to work a range of hours. Your shifts will cover Monday through to Sunday and will include days, evenings and waking nights. You will need a minimum of six months experience supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
- Help to achieve further qualification i.e. QCF level 2,3,4 if you wanted
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- Option to do overtime
- Long-service rewards
- Extensive training
- Progression opportunities
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Carry out and implement care plans
- Support clients with daily activities, i.e. personal care, support in the community, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all service users
- Encourage independence
- Think creatively about problem solving and challenging behaviour
- Remain calm and collected in high pressure situations
- Sympathetic, with the drive to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities
- Able to work a shift pattern on a rolling rota
- Flexibility with working hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Full Driving Licence (preferred)
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.