|Job Type||Permanent / Full Time|
|Area||West Midlands, England|
|Sector||Social Care - Reg Manager - Child|
|Salary||££45,001 – £50,000 Per Annum|
- Hoop Social Care have a rare opportunity for a Head of Care in a Residential School for young adults with learning disabilities. We are looking for an enthusiastic applicant within the Shropshire area, who is experienced in managing services for vulnerable young people. You will need a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation (i.e. Children’s Home Regulations 2015) and be comfortable with a variety of different therapeutic models. You will also need to have achieved your level 5 diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent) or a professional social work qualification, such as DipSW CQSW. This is a role that will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a large residential setting, which supports those with special educational needs.
This school provides support to vulnerable young adults and applicants must have a genuine desire to work with this client group. Part of your role will include managing and guiding a team of support staff to deliver outstanding care to students within the school. You will need a strong understanding of how to support young people with complex needs and how to promote their independence. This a team-orientated organisation and you will need to share the same values; with respect for your students, their families and all members of staff.
This role will require you to work 40 hours a week, plus additional hours as required. You will be required to work unsociable hours at times and must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Competitive salary
- Work within a warm and therapeutic setting
- Excellent professional training
- Rewarding pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour confidential support. Counselling, advice and assistance services
- Opportunity to take a Foundation Degree in Therapeutic Child Care
- To lead by example with a compassionate, yet professional manner
- Resolving and reporting safeguarding matters when appropriate
- Ensure staff are up to date with relevant training information
- Lead the development of Quality of Life plans for students
- To set high standards for the grounds, environment and furnishings of the school
- Must have relevant qualification - QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive to support residents with multiple and complex needs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential childcare
- Must hold U.K Driving Licence
If this is the job for you or you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Ruby Tucker at Hoop Recruitment on 02922 400519.